From:
Hot Head <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2007 09:20:46 -0500

A CELIAC member wrote:

>Hershey's Candy Canes:  Hershey's will also list any allergens.

It has been my understanding for about the past year that Hershey's
no longer lists "any" allergens -- only the big eight (meaning no
gluten, except for wheat).  If you see "natural flavorings" on any
Hershey's product, simply do not buy it.  This is because, if you
call them, they will tell you that they cannot guarantee that
products listing "natural flavorings" on the label are gluten free --
you will have wasted your  money.  Hershey's won't even offer to send
you a nicey-nice coupon to make up for the fact that you've purchased
a product you cannot eat.

They can usually source most other ingredients on a label as to
whether they are GF or not -- but you will need to provide the EXACT
bar code for whatever product you are calling about.  You cannot just
call them and ask about, say, "Hershey's Kisses Filled with Chocolate
Truffle" -- you must provide them a code.  But, again, if you see
"natural flavorings" on the label, don't buy it and don't even bother
to call.

The information line for Hershey's is:  (800) 468-1714

This is true as of two or three months ago.  If anyone has any
different definitive information about Hershey's that is newer than
this, please write to me, and I will be happy to re-post any new info
to the  list.