From:
Stephanie Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2008 18:17:08 -0700

My question was: Should I allow my 3 year old daughter to eat the
snacks at preschool after being gluten-free all her life? I have
celiac and we don't have reason to think my daughter does, but we're
not sure after a few questionable symptoms after having a small amount
of gluten...

Most people believed that I should let her have the snack and watch
very closely.
One person pointed out that we will have to face this eventually (good
point).
Another said that the gluten "trial" should not be at preschool
because the teacher might have to deal with the consequences (VERY
good point!!)

A couple of people were a bit opposed to giving her gluten and said I
should continue with gluten-free snacks since that's what she knows.

Tough decision!!!!

Thanks for all the great responses.