BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Witold Karwowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 17:03:29 -0500
Playing chess with FDR - different chapter, different generation. I still
remember JFK and no one before (unless I reach for history books). To Mr.
Truman I owe for having a chance to be born in Polish city of Szczecin
(formerly Stettin, Germany), to FDR for not having any chance to be born
eventually on roughly 1/3 of Polish prewar territory lost to Soviet Union.
If you think that election is your business think again (maybe about the
babies being born in some strange, distant places). The president poll in
the internet issue of Polish NYT like newspaper turn out 100,000 voters in
one day. It could be interesting to compare with the similar poll here.