From:
Steven J Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 2009 06:56:50 -0700
Jimi,

What motherboard and CPU are you using, also what model Video card? My guess
is one of two problems. First try a different Video card, maybe you have an
old PCI card laying around. If that posts, then it points to a power supply
that has a failing rail, or a power supply that is not of sufficient power.
Also what is the Wattage and 12 Volt Amps of the Power Supply?

Steve

Yes I did try them one at a time. I don't  know if the cpu or any of the
parts are good or bad since I can't get it to post..just black screen with
fans running and KB and mouse lit up. Now here's the latest every one. I
returned the mb,cpu and ram and got new ones. THE EXACT SAME THING IS
HAPPENING!
And remember the only other parts are the graphic card (which is working
just fine as I write on this machine)
and the HDD which also works fine on the machine i'm posting with.
I'm I missing something? Can someone point me to a site (I have tried MANY!)

or tell me step by step directions on putting together a system from step
one?

Thanks so much for your time.

jimi

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads