From:
Jamie Dolan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 23:04:22 -0600
> Well, if you MUST...:) Actually, isn't olive oil more stable under
> heat than other vegetable options? In any case, you could prepare the
> dish and then put the olive oil in at the end, as a seasoning and
> flavor enhancer. When I make bone broths, I put crushed garlic and

I actually did put olive oil on my chicken tonight after I was done
with it's cooking.  :-) (ginger, pepper & garlic added - yum)  I
always feel the need to dump some kind of oil into the pan when frying
anything.  Tonight, I did use a few tablespoons of coconut oil when
cooking.

Maybe this is stupid and completely unnecessary to put oil in the pan,
maybe I should just add water to keep it from sticking to the pan.  Or
maybe going back to using some butter even if it is pasturized is the
better answer.

Jamie