C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:40:59 -0400
Linda, if your logic were to be applied across the board, there wouldn't
be any vets who could  go back to civilian lives and get on with them.
Remember that we have been in wars since this country was founded and
there is nothing new about the traumas of war (well except for our
capacity to quickly kill each other).  If you think our brutality in
Iraq is uniquely horrible, may I refer you to any history of the Spanish
Inquisition or the Roman Empire?  Violence, alas, is nothing new.

Having said that I do agree  with you that we don't need to be in Iraq
because we need to spend our money where it's better put to use, and I
think we have done very little good by invading Iraq.

Kat