C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:45:38 -1000
I am sorry I pushed your buttons. Of course any
criminal activity is only by a few and most
servicemen and women are good people. My father
was Air Force and a really good man. As he got
older what he did as a fighter pilot bothered him
more and more. He was an Ace. However we are
lowering the standards for people to go into the
service and giving convicted criminals the option
of serving jail time or entering the service. I
am not sure I can agree with this policy.
And service people are taught to kill. This is
just not the training I want young people to be
having. I am more the peace corps type if we want
to truly help someone. I cannot agree that bombs
and esp cluster bombs which ought to be banned
help solve any problems. I remain extremely
distressed by what we are doing in Iraq and I
think time is proving me right. We cannot stop
terrorism by making more people hate us.
We can stop it by rebuilding schools and
hospitals and we should not have bombed the
cultural heritage of that country or any country in the first place.
I do think there are stats on domestic violence
rates related to war being higher. Trauma begets
more trauma. Peace begets more peace.