BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that doubts.
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:27:00 -0500

The BP Archives is at:

http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?A0=BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS

My recollection is that you do not need to be logged in to see the
archives. Don't know if that is still true. Not sure about searching. I
can't tell because as a listowner, I'm always logged in. I'm sure all
y'all will report on that.

I tried the google link "trick" for the site searching for 'cuyler,' and
it is only minimally successful: I got one hit for October 2002 [any
searches seem to return only one hit from October 2002 except
'orgrease,' it returned two: an October 2002 page and the old html
homepage (look at the cached version)]. I suspect that the entire
archive has not been indexed by the Google crawler. I wonder if, having
directed Google to the site by trying the search, it will be indexed by
tomorrow.

That said, the listserv search engine is extremely fast. By just going
to that page and doing a search, you will get results nearly instantly.

BTW, a recent Listserv software upgrade broke Ken's custom HTML page for
BP, and all we have now is this standard vanilla homepage. Sadness and
woe, but of course you didn't expect technology to stand still for 10
years, did you?

Preservation of the digital bits is going to be a bitch. Glad that's not
my field.

Dan

Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.,   "Help me, Mr. Wizard!  I don't
Raleigh Historic                want to be here anymore!"
Districts Commission                  - Tooter the Turtle
919/516-2632

“E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina  Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized City or Law Enforcement official.”