AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 16:16:19 -0600
From: >>> briarpatch <[log in to unmask]> 11/03/97 03:26pm

"Dear Friend,

        Briarpatch would like to invite you to participate in a
discussion with our agency on how we can better serve our
African-American community.

        As we celebrate our 25th anniversary of service to the
Madison community, we are very proud of our role in
strengthening and empowering youth and their families through
crisis intervention services, youth leadership development
programs and support groups.  Despite all of our success,
however, we recognize that our connection to the
African-American community is in need of being strengthened.
And we would like your input and assistance in doing this.

        On Thursday, November 20, from 7:00 pm until 8:30
pm, we would like to create a dialogue to explore the connection
between Briarpatch and the African-American community.  We
will give you an explanation of the services Briarpatch offers and
the ways members of the Madison community are involved in
our work.  We will then ask for your suggestions, ideas and
input as to how we can better extend these services to
African-American teens and families and what role individuals
can take in helping us accomplish this goal.  Without your help,
we cannot be completely successful in our efforts.

        We hope that you will be willing to attend, and join us in
our work to serve teens and families in our community.  Please
RSVP by November 12.   We can be reached via e-mail at
[log in to unmask],  or on the phone at 251-6211.

Juan Jose Lopez
Gabe Bankier-Plotkin