Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:34:33 -0400
Many type II patients have gone into remission on low carb diets. I know of
only three type I remission cases. Two of them are Paleo dieters ("Michelle"
and Ray Audette). Ray stopped posting online in 2004.

Michelle's Remission of Type 1 Diabetes by Eliminating Grain, Dairy, and
Legumes: No More Insulin Injections by Following a Grain Free, Dairy Free, &
Legume Free Diet, (AKA Paleo Diet & Specific Carbohydrate Diet), Type 1
Diabetes Research
Sunday, August 2, 2009
http://michellestype1diabetes.blogspot.com/

Taylor Haycraft
I CURED MY TYPE I DIABETES WITH RAW ORGANIC FOOD
http://articlesofhealth.blogspot.com/2009/01/worlds-first-medically-documented-cure.html

Ray Audette, author of NeanderThin, never specifically stated which type of
diabetes he had, but he did say that he was told he would have to take
insulin injections for the rest of his life.

From NeanderThin, 2000 edition, pp. 16-18:

My bad health was obviously destroying my life, so I sought medical advice
once again. After consulting with several doctors, I was diagnosed as a
diabetic and was told that I would probably require insulin injections for
the rest of my life. Being only thirty-four years old at the time, this
seemed to me a long and terrible prospect. I was also told that diabetes was
an immune system disorder whose cause and cure were unknown.

Needless to say I was very disappointed with both my health problems and the
medical community's inability to deal with them. I decided that I needed to
know more about my condition in order to make my life productive once again.
To that end I began my own research project at the public library. I studied
the physiology of my conditions, as well as the history of the diseases and
their treatments.

From my studies several things became clear: Both rheumatoid arthritis and
diabetes are autoimmune system diseases in which the body uses its own
defenses to attack itself. Both diseases also occur only within agricultural
(civilized) communities. The more recently a population became agricultural,
the more likely its members were to become diabetic. People like the Inuit
and native North Americans, who were unlikely to have diabetes when eating
their natural diets, have the highest rate of diabetes in the world (up to
80 percent of the population) when given the agricultural foods of
civilization. From skeletal remains it has also been shown that arthritis
followed corn as it made its way from Mexico to the rest of the world.
Because  - p. 17 -  my diseases were apparently diet-related, I decided I
would modify my diet to emulate that of hunter-gatherers (preagricultural or
Paleolithic peoples).

.... I determined, therefore, to eat only those foods that would be
available to me if I were naked of all technology save that of a convenient
sharp stick or stone.

During this experiment with a natural diet, I carefully tested my blood
glucose to see if any improvement occurred. Expecting only modest results, I
was astounded by what actually happened. My blood sugar levels returned to
normal almost immediately and remained constant throughout the day. Every
day it seemed I had more energy. I slept less than eight hours per day,
whereas I had previously required at least ten. Although I lost a few
pounds, I seemed to be getting bigger as my muscles became larger and more
toned without special exercise. After a few weeks my joints stopped hurting
almost completely. Even my ability to think and concentrate seemed to
improve. Needless to say, my mood and overall attitude toward life changed
for the better as well.

My curiosity was also piqued. Was I the only one to  - p. 18 -  discover
this miracle cure? I decided to use some of my newfound energy at the
[medical] library to find out.

.... It didn't take long to discover that the same diet was first prescribed
to cure diabetes in the 1790s. Because the selection of foods was limited at
the local market in that time period, the diet was very expensive and was
thought to be impractical. Why it worked was not understood.