ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2008 19:09:29 -0700
Kathy,

Well, that's good to know I'm not alone, haw.  Strange you should mention
Mary.  I was thinking of the birth of Christ during Christmas, of course,
but that took me, for some reason, to thinking about Mary and how courageous
she must have been when Gabriel appeared to her and gave her the news.  Then
my mind suddenly jumped to the cross and how it must have torn her heart out
to see her own son hanging naked on the cross while at the same time,
knowing it was for her sins, too.  Jesus telling John to take care of her is
so powerful to me whenever I think about it.

Phil.