From:
"Karen H. Shirley" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen H. Shirley
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:45:24 -0800

I just wanted to provide a summary of the responses to my early posting.

Folks recommended calling the manufacturer/maker of the drug.  Our bottle does not have a label on it other than Walgreens  -- I think the pharmacist puts the specified drugs together at the store?  Does anyone have any recommendations on how to handle this? We have one book that recommends that Celiac individuals either always get non-generic versions of drugs (so you have that information) or find a specific gluten free manufacturer online... Is there such a thing? And while that may work for regular prescriptions, it doesn't seem to be useful for sudden illnesses where you need the medicine fairly quickly.

Someone recommended the website www.glutenfreedrugs.com   I found the site somewhat helpful and am glad to have it for a reference for the future but it did not list Dallergy syrup or any of its specific drugs.

Several people indicated that Walgreens pharmacy is generally not very helpful.   Is there a pharmacy folks have found to be helpful in determining what medicines are gluten free? Large pharmacies available to us in Colorado include King Soopers/Krogers, Safeway, Target - there might be others.