ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 23:00:39 -0600
Satan's Goal

This man lived in the burial caves. No person could tie him. Even
chains could not keep this man tied. Many times people had used
chains to tie the man's hands and feet. But the man broke the chains
on his hands and feet. No person was strong enough to control him.
Day and night, the man walked around the burial caves and on the
hills. The man would scream and cut himself with rocks.--Mark 5:3-5 (ERV).

KEY THOUGHT:

So often, the power and influence of the Devil is minimized. To
believe in a real being behind evil is ridiculed in many circles.
Yet, Scripture assumes a belief in a real "evil one" that stands
behind real evil.

What we are able to witness in Mark 5 with this man, possessed by
demons, is the goal of the work of the Devil in human lives. He longs
to isolate, degrade, and torture those whom he controls. His power is
unrelentingly strong, yet he uses his strength to hold people in fear
because of death. Ultimately, when the evil one gains a foothold in
our lives, he leads us to self-destructive behavior. Don't minimize
the Devil's power or presence. Instead, center your life on Jesus,
the one who conquered the evil one's power, and broke his death-grip on us.

TODAY'S PRAYER:

Father, forgive me if I have ever minimized evil, and the Devil's
power exerted through it. Thank You for sending Jesus to destroy the
Devil's hold on my life. Give me strength to resist his attacks, and give me
strength to overcome his influence in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.