ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jenifer Gilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:09:26 -0400
        The greatest wonder of all--the empty tomb!  He arose!

 Easter Series Selection 2008

~WONDERS OF THE WORLD~

"He is not here for He is risen: as He said.
Come, see the place where the Lord lay."
......Matthew 28: 6.
*******************

"JESUS, What a wonder you are!"

We all have studied, read, and seen pictures, and some have visited places
which are classified as the seven wonders of the ancient world, although few
 people can actually name all of them.  The list of these  sights, buildings
or monuments were originally compiled sometime around the Second Century
 B.C.  Greek Historians also wrote about the great monuments of their time.
 For their builders,  the seven wonders were a celebration of religion, art,
mythology,
power, and science.   It is interesting to note that only one of these
original, seven
wonders of the ancient world, stood the test of time until this day.  Poets,
writers, and
historians were urged to seek replacements for these original wonders or
fallen
monuments and we see the other modern and  natural wonders of the world
today.

Today, the Eiffel Tower in France, the Empire State Building,  Big Ben,
Golden
Gate Bridge, and other buildings or monuments are considered modern wonders,
 as  well as other natural wonders such as the Grand Canyon and Mount Fuji.
  We know the natural wonders could only be made by God, and these seem to
grow even more beautiful each day and changing season.

The original seven wonders of the world were viewed at the time they were
made as the greatest structures on earth.  The pyramids symbolized the unity
 of the ones who built them.  Today, we read that only one of the original
wonders
 remain.  Time changes things, but the natural wonders of the world remain.
Only God can make and  display the beauty of trees, mountains, canyons,
waterfalls,
and other beauty which we see in the natural wonders of the world today.

The borrowed tomb in which our Savior was laid in Jerusalem still remains as
a witness
that the Lord is not there but arose from the dead in victory over death and
the grave.
 This should be the "greatest wonder of the world," as his tomb is empty.
Our Lord
is the greatest wonder of all and is no longer in the tomb but in the temple
of the
heavens making intercession for us according to the will of the Father.
   The tombs of other 'gods' which men have worshipped still contain
  their bodies, but our Lord lives forever.  We have not only the witness
  of the empty tomb in Jerusalem, but  the witness of those who saw
  our Lord after his resurrection.  We have His words given us, his last
will
  and testimony; our New Testament.  As the Scripture in Matthew declared,
"come
   see the place where the Lord lay."  This tomb is empty and reveals the
power
  of God which was present to resurrect Jesus from the grip of death and the
   grave.  The stone which sealed the tomb had been rolled away,  as Jesus
became
   the first fruits of the resurrection.  Because He lives, we have
salvation and
   this is the greatest miracle and wonder of all.

  Our hearts, which were once like a tomb filled with sin, empty and  void
  of God's spirit; are now his temple, filled with peace, love, and joy as
He
   dwells within.  As the Lord looks upon us, he sees the wonder of  His new
  creations, created in his image that we might follow after Him and be one
  in unity and in faith.  May we never cease to lose our reverence and awe
when
  we ponder on how the Lord's amazing grace still saves, delivers, heals and
sets free.
   As the words of a praise chorus declare, "Jesus, what a wonder you are!"
  He is the wonder which a lost and dying world needs to behold.

  The tomb is empty now, the Lord is not there.  He reigns forevermore on
high
   and one day we shall see Him in that fair land.  We shall live forever
and
   never die.  The greatest "Wonder" of all is our Lord Jesus.   We give
thanks for
   we were given a living sacrifice to take our place and pay the price for
our sins.
  The  blood of Jesus will never lose its power. Amen, and amen!

  Blessings In Christ
  Jo Ann Kelly ©  2008, 2005
  J. P.'s Inspirations
  http://www.my.homewithgod.com/jpinspirations/
  This writing may be used in its entirety, with credits intact,
  for non-profit ministering purposes.

  Christ has risen!

Jenifer Gilley
Christ came that we may have life everlasting!
 Email:
msn-no email please: