VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2008 22:39:20 -0500
7bit
From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Hello All:

For those folks who have automatic updates enabled Microsoft sent out the
patch today.

Emergency update to fix IE flaw
Microsoft is issuing an emergency fix for Internet Explorer. The patch fixes
a flaw that allows attackers to seize a machine. All IE versions are
affected, and attacks have been reported. INSTALL THIS UPDATE!

story at: the New York Times:
http://tiny.cc/Mk8oi

I wouldn't want the Firefox users to feel left out:

Mozilla issues eight Firefox patches
Mozilla is also fixing critical flaws in its Firefox browser. Some could
allow attackers to execute unauthorized code. This will be the last patch
for Firefox 2. Users will be urged to upgrade to Firefox 3.

http://tiny.cc/KhYit