From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:57:24 -0500
I took a quick look at the manual for this motherboard, which is available
online.  Unfortunately, I didn't see any information about using a single
2x2 12 volt power cable with this motherboard.  I would think that you are
okay, but I can't confirm this or whether you should be you using one half
of the 2x4 socket or another.  Off-hand, I don't know how the power draw of
your Athlon 64 X2 compares to my E6600, but I wouldn't think it is so much
more that using a 2x4 12 volt connection was required.  It appears that this
motherboard is geared a bit toward those who might want to do some
overclocking of their CPU, and under those circumstances having two 2x2 12
volt connections makes sense.

The Biostar website didn't seem to have any user forums; so, I would suggest
that you pose this question directly to their tech support.  The have an
online form for their email support.

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/support/e-support.php

A quick google search did pull up some information on this from a computer
forum.

http://hardware.mcse.ms/archive12-2006-12-340820.html

Scroll down to Paul's post of 2006-12-19, where he suggests that these 2x4
connectors are to support processors that draw in excess of 130w of power.

Again, I hope this is helpful.

John Sproule