C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 00:53:00 -0400
Hello,

I can walk but - I tend to have 1 of 2 reactions.  either denial that I
have impairments or a pitying 'so that's your problem' attitude.

that said, some people have responded positively when I tell them that
there is something neurologically wrong.

I have CP but I also had issues with a stroke when I was 16, and poor
vision, an odd type headache that did not go away, and poor
coordination, based on that.  I am currently recovering from that based
on better visual and motor therapy, which is based on sensory
integration.

however that said, I was diagnosed with ataxia before I had the stroke
and I'm in the odd position of not knowing what my capabilities are,
really. I'm almost 40 and stil figuring that out.

take care,

Mary Katherine

See what's new at http://www.aol.com