From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:22:32 -0700
John,

Before I even got my novice, the man who elmered me into the hobby told me
that he was tuning 10 meters one night and the band was totally dead.  He
fired up his rig, called CQ on A M, it was that long ago, and a Cuban
station answered him who was 20 over nine.  I never forgot that story and
often, over the years, have called CQ on what seemed a dead band and was
often pleasantly surprised.

Phil.
K0NX