From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:28:41 -0700
From: "Jamie Dolan" <[log in to unmask]>

> Maybe this is stupid and completely unnecessary to put oil in the pan,

Jamie, I put an oil that can tolerate high heat, such as grape seed oil, in
the pan first and turn it to a fairly high heat for a couple minutes until
the oil will run over the pan when the pan is tilted.  Then I wipe out the
pan with a paper towel, taking almost all the oil out of the pan, but the
pan itself is cured and ready for frying.

I use a fairly heavy stainless steel pan to do this, and it usually works
quite well.  Also, I believe that Lauren Cordain has a list of oils in his
book and which ones are higher in omega sixes.  I buy my oils at the local
health food store, and the glass bottles that they come in list which ones
are able to tolerate high heat, medium heat etc..

I hope this helps,

Kath