From:
Juergen Botz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 17:53:39 -0300
William wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 08:17:02 -0400, Juergen Botz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>   Off the cuff I'd say as a paleo human you'd
>> have at least a 50% chance of dying of one of these before
>> you reach the limit of your old age, and that's after you've
>> survived childhood.
>
> My question was serious, and you referred to winners of the Darwin
> award, and are extinct.

?!?!

Reports of my extinction have been greatly exaggerated.  And I am
fairly certain that I have ancestors who died of each of those
causes (after reproducing, obviously).

And there are hunter gatherers still today who die of most of those
causes.  Getting eaten by a tiger or gored by your prey is starting
to become improbably because tigers are almost extinct and most
hunter gatherers have adjusted to living without hunting large
dangerous game animals because they already drove them to extinction
thousands of years ago.

But the rest remain valid today.

:j