NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:23:51 EST
Weavre Cooper wrote:
>>There's considerable debate out there about the most common causes of
allergic reactions: proteins (including milk protein in this case),
carbohydrates (including lactose), or even fats. Most allergists agree that
proteins are the most common likely culprits ... but it's not quite certain,
and may not be true for everyone, etc.

Could you please provide some medical journal references for this debate? I'd
like to read up on what is being said.

I also did a quick check on PubMed but I couldn't find any studies of the
allergenicity of lactose. If you know of any I messed, please post references.

Steve Carper