From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 20:02:56 -0700
The Outbacker system with the tripod is very good.

It is mandatory, however, that you use the tripod on the ground. The
capacitance plates have to make contact with the ground or the cement from a
patio in order for the system to work well.

I had it and the Outbacker antenna. I was trying to use it from a second
floor balcony and it was not as effective as if I'd used it from ground
level.

There is another tiny antenna that is supposed to work well on 40 meters
called the taktenna.

I believe the web site is www.taktenna.com They also make an antenna for 20
and 10 meters.

Another antenna that has been well reviewed is the tw2010 Traveller.

I'm probably going to get one of these for my qrp station.

It covers everything from 20 meters on up to 10 meters.

Eric
KU3I