Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 12:23:11 -0000
Hi Lou

I had a few of them over the years, certainly a classic.

Couple of ideas for you.

I seem to remember that one of mine was a bit more prone to drift
than it should have been.  Turned out to be some washers on the
vfo board needed replacing and some of the connectors connecting
the boards together wanted cleaning.

I remember the details being well documented at www.mods.dk

also, be careful of the din sockets on the back.  From what I can
remember there are two types of plug with the same number of
pins and it has been known for the wrong plug to be used and
cause dammage to the socket (found this happened to one of mine)
not easy to repair as socket is not easy to access.

Also, band switch can become worn if it has had a lot of use, can
show itself by low output or poor receiver, quite a job if you get it
changed but mine went on for years, just had to slightly move it to
bring back the receive or transmit.

Never changed the pa valves, they outlast the driver which I did
need to replace, I think the driver valve is run close to its limit.

Think it worked better with a high impeedance mic but may be
switchable inside.

hth