Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:56:28 -0700
7bit
From:
Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Also, Dr. Eades, responded with the below statement to my question about my
low cholesterol.  Whenever I eat a good paleo diet, my cholesterol drops
from 150 (eating lots of processed junk foods) to about 108.

"Low cholesterol, epidemiologically, is indeed associated with cancers
and other chronic diseases, not because the low cholesterol has
anything to do with initiating the disease, but is a consequence of
it. In other words, the liver fails to adequately make cholesterol
(one of its main jobs and the location for production of 85% of blood
cholesterol) because of the underlying chronic disease.  As you said,
it's a marker.

Conversely, a drop in cholesterol from dropping carbohydrate isn't the
same; there's not disease process impeding cholesterol production.

Eating more food sources of good cholesterol--eggs, full fat dairy,
cheese, butter, red meat, seafood--could help to maintain it in a
slightly higher range since it is a crucial molecule for so many body
processes."

Kim