From:
Alycia Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alycia Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 12:12:40 -0400

So I finally received a letter back from the life insurance company.  I enjoyed
their first sentence.  "We received your appeal of our decision to decline your
request for coverage.  Currently our files remain closed and we will not
reopen."  What a great way to start a letter.  So here is what they say in
response and I will write word for word.  "Unfortunately, your medical history
of Celiac Disease does not meet our underwriting guidelines.  Therefore we are
unable to approve your request for coverage.  However we would be willing to
re-consider your request for coverage after a period of 1 year from your most
recent negative Small Bowel biopsy, and with evidence of continuous negative
TTG test results during that period."  So there it is, their expanation.  Do I
understand this correctly?  If I get a biopsy tomorrow and it is negative then
a year from tomorrow they will consider me for insurance.  That doesn't even
make sense.  The moment I have a negative biopsy they should consider me,
let alone the fact that since my diagnosis I have had blood work that is within
normal range.