ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2008 21:23:59 -0700
Big As An Elephant

By Phil Scovell

     As soon as I opened the prayer session by praying a short
prayer, he said, without hesitation, "I'm back at that memory we
have been to before."

     "Which is that?" I probed.

     "It's the one when I was about 3 or 4 years of age and I was
in the house and watching my mother hanging up clothes on the
clothes line outside."

     "I remember," I confirmed.

     "I see the places in the memory we have prayed about
before," he continued thoughtfully," but there is something really
different about this one and I don't understand it.  The other
areas are stilled healed; I can tell that much."

     "What looks or feels different?" I asked.

     "There is a large, I mean really big, dark, almost black in
color, monstrous thing in the room."

     "Ok," I replied, and prayed, "Lord?  Would you expand this
memory so we could see what you see and see what you want us to
see?"  I waited as he thought and talked about what was contained
in this childhood memory.

     "It is saying that I will never get married, I'll live
alone, and die alone and that I'm not worth being loved by
anybody.  So," he said, "that is clearly the lie.  All the time I
was growing up, and even as a young adult man, I used to say I
would never marry.

     After one marriage gone bad, the man now saw where the lie
had originated concerning his statement of always remaining alone.

     "Lord?" I asked.  "How big is this lying spirit he sees?"

     "It completely fills the entire room.  It's big; really big!"
he reported.

     "Now, Lord Jesus," I prayed, "Let him see the lying spirit
through your eyes."

     Chuckle.  "He shrank right down to a tiny thing on the
floor.  Like a little tiny toy soldier."

     I prayed, "Does this lying spirit have a right to be in this
little boys memory, Lord?"

     "He has no right," the man said as he Heard the voice of the
Lord in his thoughts.

     I prayed the following: "In the name of the true Lord Jesus
Christ, I call to attention this lying spirit, and all those under
his authority, even those we don't see.  I bind their words and
thoughts and feelings they have put on this little boy.  I bind
all the lies together they have spoken against him and I bind them
back to all the lying spirits who spoke them.  I command they
suffer the torment of their own utterances against him.  I remind
them that the blood of Jesus Christ, and the finished cross of
the Lord Jesus Christ, stands between this man and them and I now
command them to go to the place where the true Lord Jesus Christ
wants them to go.

     Without hesitation, I then finished my prayer by saying,
Lord?  Is there anything else you want him to see in this memory?"

     "Wow," he exclaimed.  "There are bunches of little tiny toy
soldier things running out of the room and right out through the
door.  I mean," he repeated, "there are a whole bunch of them
running out, too."

     About this time, someone is saying, "Will this prayer work
for me?"

     The answer is, Yes and no.  For many years, I used this
prayer, or something quite similar, and sometimes it worked and
more often it didn't.  I couldn't understand why.  I just figured
I wasn't a good enough Christian and was lacking enough believing
power in God's word.  I now clearly see two lies in the statement
just made, of my analysis of my own spiritual relationship with
God, which kept me believing the lies about myself instead of God
and what His Word said.  At the time, however, I didn't recognize
the lies I believed about myself.  In other words, if you believe
lies about yourself, when God's Word says otherwise, you'll never
hear the voice of the Lord in your thoughts, and the prayer you
just read likely won't work with any consistency.  Furthermore,
you'll likewise have trouble believing the written Word of God as
well.

     Something else to note is that this man and I have agreed in
prayer probably no fewer than 100 times over the last two years.
When I called him to pray, the results of which you have just
read, he said, "I was praying about things just before you
called."  In other words, this man decided a long time ago, he
would never believe any lies of the Enemy that were spoken
against him.  Additionally, he dedicated his life to finding, that
is, exercising a Search And Destroy mission, whenever things
didn't feel right.  In short, by the time I called to pray, he was
praying already.  The truth is, he didn't need me; he just needed
the Lord.  I came along side him to agree with him in prayer and
he was set free from a lie that look bigger than he could handle.
It was our agreement in prayer, (See Matthew 18:19), that made the
difference and brought healing.

     Finally, I knew where I stood personally with Christ.  I
understand, and apply without hesitation or fear, that I am,
"complete in Him who is the head of all principalities and
powers," Colossians 2:10).

     Closely connected to this is letting Jesus do His work.  I'm
just a witness and I have no power or authority of my own outside
of Christ.  Demons are ready to argue and to deceive and attempt
to control the conversation.  They are expecting a lot of yelling,
threatening, and ritualistic anger to be expended.  In this way,
they can keep the fear level off the gage and make everybody sweat
as they think they are keeping up the spiritual attack and driving
the lying spirit off.  You may choose to do that, in fact, you may
think it is your calling, but that is way too much work for me at
my age so I just defer everything to Jesus.  After all, He is the
one who said, "It is finished," when He gave up His life willingly
on the cross.  It is Jesus who said, "I am he that liveth, and was
dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the
keys of hell and of death," (Revelation 1:18).  So, my point is,
if Jesus has done it all, and Jesus has all the power in Heaven
and in earth given unto him, (Matthew 28:19), why should I do all
the heavy lifting when He is willing, more than willing, to do it
for me?

     Is there an elephant sitting in your living room bellowing,
stomping his big feet, trumpeting his lies, and scaring the faith
right out of you?  Maybe it is time to get in agreement with
someone else who believes and let Jesus show you just how tiny and
powerless he is compared to big Jesus.

It Sounds Like God To Me.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com