ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:57:17 -0700
Hi again, folks!

I went to see Dad today.  I'd been told that he can get up and walk around
and talk, though his voice doesn't sound normal.  Although he's still slowly
recovering, things looked worse to me than what I'd pictured.  He's on
oxygen, and that's been lowered even as I was there.  He still has to
suction out his throat too, though my sister did say he's using it less than
he used to.  He been sleeping a lot, at least today, and he isn't up to
doing much.  He said a couple of things to me, and he sounded a lot like
himself, though somewhat deeper in pitch.  He asked me how my hearing was
doing.  the funny/exciting thing is that I understood him but my mom did
not!  He apparently still prefers to write than talk sometimes.

As we gathered around him to pray before most of us left for home, Dad and I
held fingers, with a tube between us.  the praying was interrupted by the
beep-beep-beep of what I thought was the alarm signaling that he wasn't
getting enough oxygen.  At first I thought maybe Mom was telling me it was
my turn to pray, but now I realize that maybe she was telling me to let go
of Dad's fingers and the tube.  We stepped back, and, after a moment, the
beeping stopped.  Judy reassured us that things were okay, so we went back
to pray, this time being more careful with Dad's hand.  Apparently the
device that clasps his finger had gone off kilter.

Anyway, the doctor should be checking him tomorrow, and maybe he can go
home, but he does get discouraged.  Please continue to pray that time will
fly! :)

Thank you all!

Sharon