ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 08:52:09 -0600
Imagine His Return

Acts 1:9-11.

Movies can be so absorbing, that we are easily
"transported" until the final credits thrust us
back to real life. Yet more amazing than any film
is what Christians will experience at Jesus' return.

The apostle Paul urges believers to become
familiar with what will occur at that remarkable
time (1 Thessalonians 4:13). Just imagine ...

• What we will hear: Jesus "will descend from
heaven with a shout." (verse 16). Perhaps, the
Lord will say something similar to the words He
spoke when raising Lazarus back to life: "Come
forth!" (John 11:43). The voice of the archangel
Michael--the leader of the angelic host--and a
heavenly trumpet will  also be heard, calling the saints to assemble.

• What we will see: The Lord will come down from
above, (Acts 1:11), to be met in the air by newly
resurrected deceased saints and then, a moment
later, by "translated" living believers.

• What we will feel: Though it's impossible to
know exactly what the experience will be like, we
can expect it to be magnificent. We'll be
transformed physically: unlike our present body,
our new form won't be susceptible to pain, sin,
sickness, or death. And in an instant, we will
be  brought into the presence of our heavenly
Father, to remain with Him eternally. It's not
hard to become disheartened by the materialism,
selfishness, and hopelessness of this world.
However, we can encourage one another--and
ourselves--with a reminder about Jesus' return.
(1 Thessalonians 4:18). So when hardships get
you down, think about this exciting event in your future. The best is yet to be!