THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Christine Grogan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:26:14 -0500
I am bloated like mad (I look 6 months pregnant), and for the past 3 days
have had lower abdominal pain/pressure that runs the width of my hips. I've
increased fiber (in an already high-fiber diet) in an attempt to alleviate
this, but has only helped with the pain. This most recent bout was preceded
by a month-long bout of severe shortness of breath.

I haven't been able to find much about this, other than it sounds a lot
like ascetis (sp). But I read the occurrence is pretty rare (only 4% of
hypothyroid patients) and I'm confused because my new doc has slowly
increased my Armour (now on 2.5 gr) and I've had drastic improvement in
mood/cognition with the increased dosage.

Also, I've experienced both of these things before (bouts o
f pain/bloating
and bouts of shortness of breath), but only while untreated/undertreated
hypo.

My last panel (at 1.5 gr):
TSH 2.0 uIU/mL   (0.5-5.5) revised 0.3-3
FT4 0.8 ng/dL    (0.8-1.8)
FT3 335 pg/dL    (230-420)
TPOAb  >70 IU/mL     (<2)
TGAb   22  IU/mL     (<2)

Other than my FT4 being borderline low and antibodies slightly elevated (I
could care less about the TSH) my panel doesn't look too interesting. And
my BP is moving in the right direction (down from 160/106 to 130/80). So I
was expecting to feel overall improved instead of better in some areas,
worse in others.

Anyone else experienced this? What (other than buying larger clothes)
alleviated it for you?

Thanks,
Christine

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!