From:
Stephen Rider <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Rider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2008 06:44:19 -0800

First of all, I have received a refund of all money paid to Azna
Gluten Free
along with a detailed and very sincere apology from the owner of the
business.
She explained that an employee had assured her that all Internet
orders had
been handled, that she had lost 3 employees in one week, and she
graciously
offered to not only send a refund (already received) but also still
fill the order
gratis.

I'm convinced that she is sincere and honest, and that the difficulty
I encountered
was only a result of one now former employee not doing her job and
making false
claims about what had been done.

I also received a number of replies from other list members.

3 people suggested that I could contact my credit card company to get
a refund
for a purchase that was never delivered.  As it happens I had used
PayPal, but
I did initiate a refund claim through PayPal and, as mentioned above,
I have already
received a full refund along with a second apology.

A list member who lives nearby Azna Gluten Free wrote about how
delighted she is
to have the bakery in her area, and that she buys their products in
local supermarkets
and at Whole Foods.  This list member also wrote "I feel badly that
you didn't have
a good experience with them but it seems like posting a message like
that asking
others to condemn them is a little more than is necessary to resolve
your issue."
In fact I never asked anyone to condemn anyone else, my message may have
been misunderstood.  I certainly have no reason to doubt that buying
product locally
works out very well, and I don't doubt their products are pleasant to
eat.

No other list members related personal experience with Azna Gluten
Free, so
everything I heard about them was completely positive.

Several list members thanked me for the information I provided.

A very kind gentleman who is involved with another gluten free bakery
made
a generous offer to send samples of a few of their products, in the
chance I
might choose to become their customer.  His generosity was noteworthy
but
it seems this well known firm offers no vegan GF products.

I consider this matter completely and favorably resolved and am
willing to believe
that the necessary steps to prevent a recurrence of problems like this
are being
taken.

It certainly is great to see an increase in the number of small gluten
free bakeries,
and I think our community should try to support these small firms
whenever we can.

Steve Rider

http://AllAboutCeliac.org/
http://SensibleCeliac.com/