From:
Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 11:37:21 -0800
Hello,

Well, that device will not be available for use in your system until you
get it to re-install. I'm pretty sure there is a way to tell Windows to
search for new hardware, but I'm booted into Ubuntu right now so I can't
check to see where it is and my memory isn't that good. Sorry.

You could try to roll back your system to it's state before you removed
the device with System Restore, if you have it turned on. It's turned on
by default, so if you don't know if it's turned on it probably is. Here
is a link to instructions for using System Restore. -

<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/getstarted/ballew_03may19.mspx>

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows