Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:07:40 EST
> Date:    Mon, 25 Dec 2006 10:29:54 -0500
> From:   Donald DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: USB Driver  Question
>
> *After formatting and successfully reinstalling XP home  addition from
> the original CD on my computer hard drive there seems to  be an issue
> with the USB ports. When I give the command to upgrade the  USB drivers
> using the system Utilities CD, I receive a message that  they already
> exist. Even after replacing the drivers, the USB ports are  not
> recognized. Also in the Device
> Manager there are a few  yellow question marks. How can I activate these
> drivers to get the USB  ports working again?*
>
> *My system is a 5yr old Dell 4800 running  XP Home addition. *
>
> *Donald DeWitt*
> *Deptford**  NJ***
When I reinstalled my XP... and the first time I had ? marks... all  I did
was RIGHT click on it then selected Up Date Drivers... ( I have  never updated
them with the Resource CD ) and the drivers were updated and  the question
marks gone.  (think they were gone after I  restarted.) Now... when I was
downloading the drivers, each time... I shut  down and downloaded the next set of
them, but I did notice, when I did this, and  came back on again, the drivers had
changed to SYSTEM, and I wasn't paying  attention, till I went back to it...
so I had to redo that set of  drivers.
The only time I have had to update them (question mark), was when I
installed my sound, but the next time, I didn't have to do it.  Also, you  can go to
your support (in my case Dell) and update the drivers there.   Harriett

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com