From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:13:50 -0400
    Well, Butch, I'm glad your brother isn't the only one who toasted one of
those Ratshack meters.  I did the same thing to mine--somehow managed to put
one of the double A. batteries in backwards, and that was the end of it.

I now have one of those expensive Omega talking multi-meters that was
available for a while before the cheaper $40 ones came out, but I'm going to
hang onto mine. ... Hopefully, it'll work for the rest of my life.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ