From:
Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2008 19:19:38 -0600
My friend has a Dell pentium pc, 1.9 gig, 512K ram, WinXP, 80 gig
hard drive with lots of empty space. It also has two CD/DVD drives
labeled Drive D and Drive E.  One drive, Drive D works fine; the
other, Drive E, does not. Drive E will only read one CD. If you put
any other CD in the drive, it will not recognize the CD. If you
select the drive, Windows will ask you to put in a CD even if there
is one already in the Drive unless the one particular CD is in the
drive and then it goes right on as a normal CD drive would.

BTW, the only CD that works in Drive E also works just fine in Drive D.

I looked in Device Manager and everything appears to be OK there. It
says with Drive E as it does with Drive D that "this device is
working properly."

I'm not stating this problem very well but it is very confusing. I
guess what I'm asking is if anyone has any idea what could be
causing Drive E to read only one single CD and not others? How can I
get it to work properly.

Thanks for any help...

Loy

                     support at our newest website: