From:
TROUBLESHOOTER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:58:45 -0500
From
Charlie Gonzalez,

   It's no suprise that it melted as the Laptop requires quite a bit more
current than the Power Supply you connected it to. If your Laptop is Rated
at 6.3 amps then the power supply must be capable of that output or higher.
You can go over on the Amp rating as the Laptop will only draw what it's
rated at but if the supply is rated less then it will toast the supply.
Keep in mind here that we are talking about the Amp rating not the voltage
rating.