C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:28:45 -1000
Hello everyone,
	In researching modalities to help Case I came across this. The web
site www.ABRtherapy.com which is very thin and I could not really see
what it was about but some parents on the CP list were raving about
this gentle treatment. I sent for the video at [log in to unmask] and
it is amazing. He has several before and after two years of ABR case
studies and then goes into the theory. It is a gentle, hands on
therapy that parents learn to do for their kids or adults for each
other, I imagine. He has one 17 year old who was not brain injured
from birth but from an accident and his and all the case studies show
dramatic improvement.
	I think it would help at any age because of the theory. It
definitely reduces spasticity and improves function. The commitment
comes from another family member willing to provide the treatment
twice daily. I don't want to try and go into the theory but I
encourage anyone with the resources to research this. It is not
covered by insurance I don't think but from the results it certainly
should be. I am wondering if Shriners would help with the costs.
	Please send for the video and let me know what you think. The case
study results were from 1500 to 2000 hours of therapy but they were
incredible. Changes happen sooner than that but these were dramatic.
	From the PERC lengthening Case's feet are flat on the ground, much
better alignment, and he is much looser but his walking has not
improved much yet, and he still falls. He can stand tall now though
but rotates his entire upper body rather than moving from his hips.
	Just found out in some cases insurance has covered this therapy.

All the best,

Linda