From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:38:47 -0500
Hello everyone;
I just thought I'd boar you with a few of my recent =20 experiences and see
if anyone had any ideas.
I am the happy owner of a new Braille plus which is a notetaker designed to
work with nls and bookshare which it does very well.  It also has an email
and internet program.  The browser works reasonably well.  The email program
does not have a plain txt option.  Further it uses lynex which may or may
not be a problem.  This list took messages it sent but you all saw the extra
characters that came with the txt.  Another list rejected the message not
because they had a problem with the txt but because they thought there were
extra characters in the "to address".
When contacting the manufacturer they initially said the isp was at fault.
When discussing the fact that the browser works fine and I don't have any
significant problems with the body of the message when sending to an
individual, I was then told that the list had probably not updated its
software to accept info from a lynex machine.  Interestingly, messages work
just fine when sent to the list for users of this device.  One user said
that if she wanted to reply to a post from another list and wasn't at her
pc, she forwarded it to her pc address and later sent it to the list.
Although more than a bit annoying this seemed to work.
The moral of the story would seem to be that no matter what the problem
might be its someone else's fault.
This was for fun not to bash any particular company.
Things get complicated and stuff happens.
Richard