From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:39:22 -0600
yeh, it becomes almost clubby that way.
Of course, it also becomes terribly clicky...lots of those groups of guys
won't egnoledge breakers or newbies at all.
They can hear each other all at 30 over S9 and if you are anything less, you
don't exist.  But there are many more who are really friendly and welcome
you in to their chatter just like in any pub.
It's the designated rag chew band in most places.  If you don't have a
phased array, or some monsterous antenna, then the likely hood of working dx
on a regular basis is pretty slim.  So, it works out well as a rag chew band
most of the time.
73
Colin, V A6BKX