From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:55:15 -0800
Hi Phil,
I really enjohed your post on ham radio memories.

I attended the Perkins School for the Blind in the 1960s. Since I was not an
American citizen yet I couldn't get a license.

However, the higher bands were really hopping then with six and ten meters
being open and your could work the world with very little power.

One of the first things I did after getting American citizenship in 1979 was
to go for my ham radio license.

I got my novice ticket and was KA3EEl in Philly.

I kept that call all the way through Extra in the mid 1980s. Thenew call was
KU3I that is a great CW call sign.

In 1990 I moved out to Sacramento and changed call signs to AA6XG.

When the vanity calls came out I dumped that call sign and got KU3I back
again.

I've done more listening than transmitting because I've lived in apartments
and couldn't really put up something great for an antenna.

Thanks again for that wonderful post.

I remember listening to the big guns on 75 meters.

I think one of my biggest thrills was working England on ten metter FM
simplex in the 1980s.

73's

Eric
KU3I