From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:58:34 -0500
Tom,

In my opinion, Icom receivers perform better than Kenwood or Yaesu
receivers, in terms of sensitivity, signal to noise,  and dynamic range.
It's frustrating that each of the big three companies does well in different
aspects, but none of them have radios that excell in all aspects.  You can't
beat Kenwoods for accessibility and high quality audio.  Icoms have
fantastic receiver specs, but don't do as well with audio quality.  Yaesu
radios seem to have more bells and whistles than anyone else, but have the
worst trqack record for accessibility, and don't seem to do as well
technically as Icoms.

Steve