Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:43:53 -0600
7bit
From:
"Dean K. Kukral" <[log in to unmask]>
If it were my machine, I would remove the fan (heat sink) from the cpu,
carefully clean off the cpu top and fan bottom, add a thin layer of
thermal grease and replace the fan.

This is based on the possibility that the computer is still overheating,
but taking longer to do it.  I don't give this a real high probability
of helping, but it is easy to do and there is a reasonable probability
that this will cure the problem.

Any time that a computer crashes at about the same time after starting
(usually after booting to the operating system), no matter what program
is running, I would suspect a heat problem.  Your problem is not quite
so simple, as it could be caused by all sorts of things.  But, since
cleaning the fan helped the first time, remounting the fan is indicated.

Dean Kukral