C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:35:54 -0700
Sorry to hear about your friend's experience with the lifeguards at her beach.  She's right, there is no excuse for the lifeguards to be insulting and rude.
If the department that employs the lifeguards that she's in contact with are members of the California Surf lifesaving Association (CSLSA), they are most certainly trained in proper public relations. CSLSA lifeguards receive extensive training in all aspects of dealing professionally with the public.
My suggestion would be for your friend to contact the  supervisor for the lifeguards on her beach, which can be done by contacting that lifeguard department and asking for the person in-charge or an "officer". Most beaches are operated by the state, city, or county and can be found in her local telephone directory or on-line. If she's unsure of whose jurisdiction oversees her beach, she can contact her City Hall.
Tell your friend that I hope she resolves this situation so she can enjoy the beach again and I can certainly understand her love of the ocean. If you have any additional questions, or if I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Mike Scott
California Surf Life Saving Association
Training Committee Chairperson

http://www.zazzle.com/TamarMag*