From:
Virginia Schmuck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Schmuck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:24:02 -0700

Hello.
    I had some questions regarding the above listed frozen piecrusts, so I'll try to answer them.
    In answer to the question about the crusts containing dairy, the ingredients list includes "milk and egg ingredients."  I read; butter, rice flour, tapioca starch, cornstarch, eggs, potato starch, water, lemon juice, salt, xanthan gum, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate), sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate, evaporated cane juice.
    One of my daughters saw these piecrusts at Whole Foods in Albuquerque, NM.  They were frozen.

    The label says Whole Foods Market Gluten Free Bakehouse.
    My daughter sent me the recipe she used today.  She modified it from a recipe she found on the internet:
        One pie crust
        3/4 cup sugar
        2 cups milk
        3 Tbsp cocoa powder (Original recipe called for 5 Tbsp)
        3 Tbsp corn starch
        3 egg yolks
        Pinch of salt
        1 tsp vanilla
    In medium saucepan over low heat bring to boil everything but the vanilla.  When the texture is pudding-like, add the vanilla and pour into a cooked pie crust.  Top with meringue and cook until golden brown.
    To make meringue:
        Beat egg whites until fluffy, add 1/4 cup sugar.  Mix until stiff.     Optional--add 1 tsp cream of tartar
Virginia Schmuck