ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:56:50 -0000
I find these devotionals particularly helpful and include yesterday's by way
of encouragement.

--
Carol

"Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." -- Acts 11:9

What has God made clean? Is it not His own children -- you and I -- who are
washed? (1 Corinthians 6:11)

Part of the adventure of the Christian life is making the discovery of who
we really are. How many of us have felt embarrassed, ashamed, guilty, dirty,
inadequate? We all have felt some or all of those feelings. But when God
forgives, He also offers us the grace to forgive ourselves. When God washes
us, He wants us to look in the mirror and see clean.

The gospel frees us from shame. (Romans 10:11) The truth sets us free from
shame. If we cannot see ourselves and each other through the lens of truth,
what has darkened our vision? Isn't it just another lie that God wants to
take away?

God is interested in more than just forgiving our sins. He wants us to
forgive ourselves when we are forgiven by Him. He wants us to accept and
embrace ourselves and each other for who we really are -- God's children,
made spotless by the blood of the Lamb.

Be encouraged! Dwight

You may freely post, reprint or redistribute this devotional provided a
reference or link back to DwightClough.com is included.

Discoveries Devotional - Inspiration in Your Inbox is provided daily by
Dwight Clough Ministries, Inc.
1223 West Main Street #228 Sun Prairie, WI 53590 USA Dwight Clough
Ministries is supported by your donations. Visit www.DwightClough.com for
more information.