From:
Olive Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Olive Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 08:58:20 -0700

HI ;all,

  Some time ago I posted a question regarding adverse reactions to initially starting the gluten free diet.  This is not a question about gluten challenges or reactions to cheating or getting "glutened" by mistake.  This is about having a hard time when the strict gluten free diet is first started.

  I received a number of responses.  Thank you every one who wrote.  Your comments were very helpful.  I was not aware that sometimes even startng the GF diet can produce at least temporary reactions.  Perhaps this is a healing crisis?

  I apologize that this summary is so very late.  Our daughter Su, whose story is here ( http://www.glutensensitivity.net/cases.htm#Su ) got married last Saturday to a very fine young man, also a nurse.  We are very happy but have been quite busy the past few months and I am now catching up on loose ends that fell by the wayside in the process.  I will post an update on Su's health and some wedding pics when they are back.

  Here is the link to my summary  ( http://www.glutensensitivity.net/Adverse_reactions.htm )which is posted on my website (glutensensitivity.net, also named www.theglutensyndrome.net , www.glutensyndrome.net, and www.glutenreactivity.net ).

  You may access this summary from the direct link http://www.glutensensitivity.net/Adverse_reactions.htm,
  or go to the Introduction page and look for the brown box on the left that says "What about cross reactions?  What about adverse reactions to starting the gluten free diet?"  Counting the brown box with Dr. Fasano's picture it is the 14th box down the list.

  If you have visited this website in the past be sure to refresh your browser or you may not see the updated page.

  Sincerely,
  Olive Kaiser

Mrs. Olive Kaiser
www.glutensensitivity.net
877-456-7704
877-888-6033 fax

Disclaimer --- I am a volunteer and not a medical expert, but I can
share with you information that I have found helpful.  Please contact
a well informed medical professional for medical advice regarding your situation.
Please verify the gluten free status of products often for your own protection.