ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kim Etheridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 22:43:26 -0600
Here is an update on Mariah's progress.

Dear Friends,
          I am so sorry that I have not done an update on Mariah in the last
few days but there has not been much change to talk about and Mariah was
just sleeping most of the time.
          I have plenty to tell now though.  Mariah started making progress
around Christmas Eve; they were able to take her off the respirator
yesterday and today they took her off of oxygen.  She is now breathing
completely on her own.  They are still giving breathing treatments but that
is just to help her get strong.  Therapy started today with the tilt table
to put weight back to Mariah's legs.  This is a long and painful road but
one we must travel to continue forward.  We have not had any fever in the
last three days so they will start taking her off of antibiotics now one at
a time.  We were told today that Mariah can have anything she wants to eat
now but we have to go slow as not to give her stomach too much at one time.
I would like to thank everyone for the cards, gifts, prayers and e-mails;
this helped Barry and I get through the holiday season.  We have much to be
thankful for and every day is precious.  Thank you so much for your support.

Sylvia & Barry Carver