From:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:48:24 -0400

I thought everyone would be interested in this press release

JEFFERSON AWARDS.  John Stroehlein, MD, Ray A. Verm, MD, and Carol Moore, RN
(all chapter board members of the Houston CSA chapter) have nominated Janet
Rinehart for the local Jefferson Award!  And can you believe Janet was
granted the award!!

         The Jefferson Award is a prestigious national recognition system
honoring community and public service in America.  They are presented on
both national and local levels.  KPRC-TV, Channel 2, is the local Houston
sponsor.  According to the website, "The local winners are 'unsung heroes' -
ordinary individuals who are performing extraordinary deeds - mostly without
recognition."  Actually Janet was notified by Channel 2 on April 11, and
newscaster Dominique Sachsa will interview her for a piece to be shown on
the 5:00 news!  This news spot should spread awareness of Celiac Disease a
little more.

--       From Janet:  I am so very pleased and honored that Dr. Stroehlein,
Dr. Verm and Carol Moore thought my volunteer celiac work worthy to be
recognized beyond our chapter.   I am extremely honored to be nominated and
so excited and amazed to actually win!  My 18 years of service to our
members and celiac community are evidence of my passion and dedication.  I
want to spread awareness of Celiac Disease and help celiacs find the right
path to better health.  I feel grateful and privileged to be able to help my
fellow celiacs who often become good friends.  I always tell my story that I
am here only by the Grace of God and Bananas; I feel obligated to give back
in service to my fellow celiacs. Thank you for this tribute and your
support! I am truly blessed.

You can contact Janet per the details below

Janet Rinehart, Chairman, Houston Celiac Support Group
Email [log in to unmask]
      www.houstonceliacs.org

-----
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]> Orlando, FL, USA
One of the Celiac, Cel-Kids, Cel-Pro, Cel-Gps  Listowners,
http://www.enabling.org/ia/celiac/
Archive: <http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?LIST=CELIAC>
Information provided in this message is not meant as medical advice.
Consult your medical team for diagnostic and treatment concerns.