Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:15:53 -0400
7bit
From:
Lynn Robbins <[log in to unmask]>

I asked for gf dining recommendations for my daughter who will be in
Boston on  a school trip.   Specifically I inquired about places she can
walk  to (she will not have her own transportation) for lunch in the
following areas:  Quincy market, the boston  science museum, and the
Sheraton in wakefield.

Here is a summary of what I got:

QUINCY MARKET:
One place that I know of in the Quincy Market area is Wagamama's. They
are sort of a Japanese noodle type restaurant. They have a special menu
which indicates gluten free items and other dietary restrictions. I
tried it once and felt very comfortable and enjoyed the food (This place
was recommended by several different people)

She should have no problem at Quincy Market.  There are lots and lots of
quick food choices there, and they are not fast food chains.  There are
plenty of fresh food places.  There is a huge food court in the middle
of the market.  I haven't been down there in a while but there are a lot
of options.

Quincy Market has a huge area with walk-up food court style places -
most of them are locally owned -  not chains.  There are also a number
of restaurants there.  I see on the website

http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/dining.html

that there is a Mexican restaurant (Zuma's) and one owned by a local
celeb. chef, Todd English (Kingfish Hall).  I suggest calling them in
advance to see if they can help.  There are some gelato-type places at
the Colonnade
(the food court) - they may also work out OK.   If she has a little more
time, Legal Sea Foods, which is one of the reliable, delicious GF
restaurants in the area, has a location about a 5-7 minute walk from
Quincy Market, near the Aquarium.
http://www.legalseafoods.com/index.cfm?cd=LOCATION
<http://www.legalseafoods.com/index.cfm?cd=LOCATION&pid=11279&cdid=11833
> &pid=11279&cdid=11833

NEAR SCIENCE MUSEUM:

As for the museum of science: that is a tough one b/c there isn't much
around there.  If I were you I'd check out the cafe at the museum and
the website for the Cambridgeside Galleria, which is a mall near the
museum with a number of chain food places.  You might see one you
recognize that has some GF options.  There's a good mex place and a good
Afghan place on the street opposite the mall, too (First ST., I think).
I don't remember the name of the mex place but the Afghan place in
Helmand.  It's fancy, though.
The Boston Science Museum has two restaurants on site and I have eaten
at both of them.  Her choices will be limited to salads but there will
be food for her to eat there.
science museum - the cambridgeside galleria is right down the street,
they have a cheesecake factory, i used to live across the street, they
know the drill - i'd recommend a salad made in the prep kitchen with oil
and vinegar - they can do plain chicken cooked separate, and she can
have the mashed potatoes no problem and the chocolate cheesecake
(without drizzle) if you don't mind things made in a not completely gf
kitchen the cake is made with gf ingredients

At the Science Museum, there is a Mexican corner in the food area that
he said was OK.  A little farther afield (but not very far) is our
neighborhood, East Cambridge.  There is an Indian place, Indian Chili,
in the food court at the CambridgeSide Galleria mall, which you can see
from the Science Museum.  We have asked, and they assure us that the
only things on the menu that contain wheat flour are the breads; the
pakoras and samosas are made with chickpea flour only.

NEAR HOTEL:

I'm not sure exactly where Audubon St. is in Wakefield, but on Main
Street there is a Thai restaurant called Duck Walk. I have been there
plenty of time and really enjoy it.

OTHER BOSTON DINING:

here is a place called the Elephant Walk on Beacon st.  I haven't been
to Boston in awhile, so I'm not sure where that is in relation to her,
but you can go to their website... www.elephantwalk.com From there, look
down on the left hand side and you will see a link to the pdf for a
gluten-free lunch menu.  I think for $15.95 she can get a soup, salad
and entree.

Outback steakhouse and the Legal seafoods by the wharf in Boston are GF
friendly

PF Chang has a GF menu. Its near Boston Common