From:
Juli Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Juli Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 06:36:46 -0500

Dear listmates,

A while back I suggested the idea of "adopting" a college student in your local area.  Well, time flies and I've done nothing.  Another listmate is compiling college menus that cater to those with celiac disease.  She and I have emailed back and forth.   If I compile a list of people willing to adopt a college student in their area, we can use her website to place that information.

Our role in adopting a student would be varied.  We can store frozen food in our freezer, if we are going to a store like Whole Foods, we can pick up items for them, if we belong to a food co-op we can order items for them, we can have them over for dinner once in a while, we can bake them a birthday cake, make them a pizza once in a while(especially if living in a hall dorm-type setting), we can just be there for them as a support system.

So, if you are willing to participate in this program, you can email me with your name, city and town, college/university and I will compile a list.

I live in a college town.  I am willing to help your student that attends Elon University in Elon, NC.

My daughter will be attending East Carolina University in the Fall and I'm looking for someone to "adopt" her while she is there.

Thank you,
Juli

*******
*******