From:
Amber McGuffin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amber McGuffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 18:25:46 -0700

Almost exactly one year ago, I thought my daughter was dying when she got admitted to the hospital for "Failure to thrive". She was 14 months old at the time, she did nothing but sit on my lap. She was deteroiating before our eyes, she threw up after every meal. We had no idea what was wrong. After a week in the hospital she was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. We started her on a GF diet immediately. Admittly we had some trouble the first almost 6 months I would say understanding everything. But I thought we were doing well, she has caught up on all her missed milestones and is growing normally, eating great, and really smart. Our GI doctor did a blood test two weeks ago and her results came back over 250. He said we must be still feeding her Gluten fairly regularly for this to be the results.

As far as I know she is not getting GLuten except for maybea snuck piece of food when no one is looking(and that is rare, if at all). HAS anyone heard of high blood counts with a GF diet? or am I poisioning her without knowing it??

ANY HELP IS DESPERATELY NEEDED. All my doctor is telling me is that I must be doing something wrong and I am not sure what or how she is getting Gluten... what I can do differently..

 frustrated in RIchmond..

"Never let Yesterday use up Today"
"Yesterday is the past, Tomorrow is the future,
but Today is a gift that is why it is called the present"